01.04.10

About

Posted in Bridal Chat, Client's Testimonials, Let's Gossip, Q & A, Tips & Favorite Products, What's New at 8:02 pm by Lily Yanez, Makeup Artist

Our company is based on the belief that our customers’ needs are of the outmost importance.  I am committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals.  I would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.

16 Comments »

1. Alex said,

January 14, 2010 at 5:50 pm

Thank you again for everything! I love the makeup and everyone at the party loved it too! It lasted all day, touch up free.
    I would love to have copies of the pictures you took today. That was very nice of you. I have another event in two weeks so I will let you know the exact date so that I can book an appointment with you. Thanks again!

_Thank you for the pictures! I absolutely love them, specially the one where I am looking at my daughter! Could you do a family portrait for us? So convenient makeup & photographs in one place.

Alex

2. Lisa C. said,

January 15, 2010 at 12:12 am

I found Lily’s website and thought her prices were great and her portfolio was even better. I needed to get my makeup done for my engagement photos and wanted it done professionally. Lily is an extremely talented makeup artist! My skin color has always been hard to match and I am extremely picky with my makeup. I have found in the past makeup artists I would go to would make me look like them. Not Lily!

My makeup was phenomenal and looked so good in the pictures! I was extremely pleased especially since I had my makeup done at 8am and pictures were not taken until 4pm. The makeup lasted all day and looked NATURAL. I got so many compliments on my makeup and my pictures. I will definitely use her again and recommend her to all my friends and family. Not only is she great to work with, her prices are extremely affordable for the work she does. Great job Lily!

3. Angela said,

January 16, 2010 at 1:04 am

I had never had airbrush makeup done before & so I was a little curious & excited to try something new. Lily has a beautiful little studio that makes you feel very relaxed & comfortable. She’s a delight to talk to, I felt like an old friend was doing my makeup, I would definitely use her again for future events.

4. Sarina said,

January 17, 2010 at 9:52 am

Lily did an amazing job and she was warm and inviting. The makeup looked phenomal and lasted forever. I had never done airbrush before and I was so blessed I found her! I will definitely be going back soon and recommending my friends. She’s also VERY affordable but most importantly- my pictures came out wonderful! Thanks again for everything Lily!

5. Tatum said,

January 19, 2010 at 6:05 pm

I highly recommend Lily. She is an extremely talented and professional makeup artist who also makes you feel like you’ve known her for years from the first time you meet her. I’m in my 30′s and have had many professional makeup applications and none of them compare to Lily. I’m an instant fan after just one visit! And her prices are the best in town! The airbrush application lasts all day and all night. I got so many compliments on my makeup and pictures so I have been recommending Lily to all my friends and family.

6. Michelle said,

February 1, 2010 at 4:25 pm

I loved Lily!!! She is truly a genius!! I used her for my bridal portraits and I am soooo excited to go back for my wedding day!! She makes you look and feel amazing….super friendly and super talented!!! I would recommend Lily to everyone!!! Thank you so much!!!

7. Erika said,

June 1, 2010 at 1:34 pm

A little late, but here is my review as promised:

When prom was coming up, I was getting so stressed out about hair and makeup until my friend told me about an airbrushing place she was going to. I have blemishes on my back and really wanted to look and feel great, it’s prom after all! Lily did an awesome job at airbrushing my back and she knows how to match the makeup to your skin tone. I also loved my eyeshadow! It came out exactly how I wanted it and it really did last all night.
    Lily’s professionalism and friendliness definitely has my mom and I coming back; me for graduation and my mom for her wedding!

Thanks for everything!

8. Elizabeth said,

June 8, 2010 at 1:24 am

So, my wedding is coming up and I was trying to think what to give my husband as a wedding present. And since I had already had my trial run with Lily, I remembered that she said that she did Boudoir makeup/photography. Hence, I called Lily to book an appointment with her.

I did not know anything about this kind of photos and frankly, I was super nervous and did not know what to expect. However, the day of the the shoot, Lily made me feel extremely comfortable and really guided in choosing makeup that fit the theme of the photo shoot. I LOVED how I looked liked the girls from the magazines with their sexy makeup and curly hair.

Next, was the actual photo shoot. Lily was so patient with me and coached me all the way through to get me posing sexy. I really appreciate all her work and taking the time to get me feeling very comfortable and trusting her with the very small amount of clothes I had on.

And when I finally got the pictures, I was blown away!!! I looked stunning. Lily kept telling me I looked like a glam star from the 50′s, very sexy but classy. Lily did a fabulous job and would recommend ALL the brides to ask Lily about the Boudoir photo shoot because it is worth it. I can’t wait to show my future husband because he will be ecstatic and will be something special that we will share.

THANK YOU LILY!!!!

9. Shrina said,

June 9, 2010 at 11:46 am

Thank you so much for the fantastic make up! Everyone couldn’t stop complimenting how beautiful I looked that night. You are an amazing person and very kind. I recommend EVERYONE to go to you! I was blown away by the amazing job you did. (and like my friend said, “I finally looked like a girl!”)

Thank you Lily!

10. Melanie said,

July 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Lily,

Thank you so much for the beautiful airbrush tan and the faboulous make up you did for me. Everybody at the wedding said I looked so beautiful and the plus side of it all was I did not have to do any touch ups! Even after dancing all night. It was great! You are wonderful!

Joyce,

Thank you so much for my beautiful up-do. You were a hair saver for me that day!!! I loved my hair so much and all of the curls lasted all through the night. Thank you so much!!

11. Kayla said,

August 10, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Dear Lily,

The photo shoot went so well! My photographer was very impressed with how well the makeup came out so I gave him one of the cards you gave me. My makeup still looks perfect and its the next day! I’m definitely going to be coming back!

Kayla

12. Ruby Gipson said,

September 14, 2010 at 2:20 am

Good morning Lily
    I want to thank you again for my session on Saturday 9/11.This was my first time having my makeup done professionally and I knew nothing about airbrush. I found you on the internet did comparison pricing and decided to chose you. I enjoyed my visit to your salon. EVERYONE made me feel so welcomed. My make up was gorgeous even 12 hours later. I received many compliments and most important to me my husband, who doesn’t show public affectionate, came over during the evening and gently touched my face and smiled. I knew at that moment he was pleased. THANK YOU and I pray for you and the continued success of your business.
    LOL Ruby Gipson

13. Emma said,

September 19, 2010 at 12:15 pm

On 11 September I was booked for make up with Lily for my baby shower. I’m a returning client and have always been 110% satisfied with Lily’s professionalism, creativity and amazing work. I recommend her at every opportunity!

On this day, last minute, I asked if Joyce might be able to throw some curlers in my hair. Not only did she, but she took them out and styled my hair exactly how I was thinking. That day, several family members commented on my hair – I usually wear it long and straight so it was great to have something different! These curls stayed in place, and gradually over the next TWO days (!) just fell softly!! I was able to go to work on Monday with some bounce in my hair. She didn’t use a lot of product, so I could easily run my fingers through it and it wasn’t crunchy at all. So not only did Lily’s make up last as long as it usually does, with a few touch ups and toning down for work, but my hair was gorgeous too!

14. Erika said,

September 27, 2010 at 2:06 pm

The team did a great job with my hair and make-up. Lily did an awesome job at emphasizing my Asian eyes and making my make up look flawless! My romantic curls was gorgeous as well! I’m definitely coming back :) The studio made me feel right at home. I’m glad that I finally found a team that I can go to for any special occasion.
    Erika

15. houstonmakeup.com Blog » Houston Make Up Preps You For Prom! said,

April 26, 2011 at 7:47 am

[...] season is officially in full swing for Houston Make Up and some of our youngest clients are going all out this year! Houston Make Up can accommodate any and all requests for amazing, [...]

16. houstonmakeup.com Blog » AMAZING PROM SPECIALS ARE HERE! said,

May 20, 2011 at 11:19 am

[...] season is officially in full swing for Houston Make Up and some of our youngestclients are going all out this year! Houston Make Up can accommodate any and all requests for amazing, [...]